Friday, November 10, 2006

Rollercoaster

I once equated love with a rollercoaster ride.

There's the long cranking uphill ride to the top of that first drop. The anticipation of the plummet into who-knows-what. The delicious excitement of falling headlong into the unknown. And then, as the ride progresses and the journey builds up speed, further climbs and drops as it builds speed and becomes more intense with every rise and fall.

Have you ever watched people getting off a rollercoaster? Some of them are green-faced, knock-kneed, vomit-covered wrecks. Others are glowing and laughing and so alive they practically crackle.

If I let you take me on this ride, where will it take us? Do you even want to try? Dare we?

Should we?

Could we?

Will we?

I think that maybe - just maybe for now, no more than maybe - I'd like to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment