Saturday, February 03, 2007

Bullying

You know, I had hoped that as I grew older, bullying would become less and less of a problem. I fervently hoped that this would be the case when things were at their worst. It was only the thought that one day, this won't happen any more because grown ups don't do stuff like this that kept me going.

I really was naive, wasn't I?

There's a bully at work, but a nasty, insidious one. She's the adult version of that simpering little pigtailed brat who would run to tell tales in no time at all, who would sneer at you for no apparent reason and who loves to feel intellectually superior even though she isn't.

There are also bullies by the shedload on-line. This is a huge disappointment to me. You would imagine that it would be so much less of a problem, but no. It seems that jealousy and hatred are just as prevalent on the internet if not more so. And just when you think it might have all died down, it all flares up again.

It's really very tiresome.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:42 am

    Smack 'em in the gob...as hard as you can
    And when they are crying and bleeding do it again....harder
    Either RT or VT .....
    Always makes me feel better anyway and with your intellect and quick wit I would think the VT smack in the mouth would be easy!!!

    ReplyDelete