Thursday, May 18, 2006

What Happened Next

Let's put it this way.

I have to go back up home some time in the next couple of months, so far as we presently know, to appear as a witness for the prosecution in the trial of someone I used to consider a friend. This friend is accused of making threats to kill, of threatening behaviour, and of assault. One of the people he threatened was my brother.

I am not the only witness. Not by far.

Something else also came to light about this person. Ironic, given the job I used to do - it seems he has been for years involved in perpetrating sexual assaults of varying degrees of severity on young boys. I never had a clue, I just never imagined any of it. I am almost more upset by that fact than by anything else.

I don't really feel able to talk about it. Partly because you never know who's reading this. Partly because it is just too...raw. Too big to really take in all at once.

This is why I haven't updated this blog for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment