Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My head is filled with thoughts of you

...and it really doesn't worry me all that much.

Except for the fact that I don't appear to be getting very much work done. Which isn't so great. My desk should be clear by now as I haven't had to go to court, or to a meeting, or seen a client. Think I've worked on four matters all day.

I'm easily distracted much of the time as it is, goodness only knows. I can hardly bear not to be with you - although I know that it will likely make seeing you again all the sweeter, it doesn't ease the cravings any.

I wrote you another letter yesterday. You should get that soon, although the Christmas post will most likely delay matters.

I wish you'd come home earlier...it's so late by the time you get in, I'm constantly sleepy. And often even if I do stay up till stupid o'clock, I miss you anyway.

I think I might be becoming a little obsessive. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I know I'm supposed to be acting like the sensible one of the two of us and slowing things down. Apparently. I don't feel as though I want to, though.

I miss you. I miss laying next to you. I miss watching your face as you sleep. I miss the way you smell. I miss your laugh. I miss all kinds of things...

there’s still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
there’s still a little bit of you laced with my doubt
it’s still a little hard to say what's going on

there’s still a little bit of your ghost your weakness
there’s still a little bit of your face i haven't kissed
you step a little closer each day
that i can’t say what's going on

stones taught me to fly
love taught me to lie
life, it taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

there’s still a little bit of your song in my ear
there’s still a little bit of your words i long to hear
you step a little closer to me
so close that i can't see what's going on

stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannon..
stones taught me to fly
and love taught me to cry
so come on courage
teach me to be shy
cause it's not hard to fall
and i don't wanna scare you
it's not hard to fall
and i don't wanna lose
it's not hard to grow
when you know that you just don't know

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:20 pm

    You got it bad me old mate!!!

    Cograts!!!!!

    It is a lovely feeling isn't it???

    ReplyDelete