Monday, December 18, 2006

Patience

I've never been very good at waiting. Patience is not a virtue I possess. I always have wanted everything now, not in a week or a month. Not even an hour.

It's funny how vivid my memories are still. It's only been a little over a week, I know (laughing at myself here) but it does surprise me somewhat that certain things keep coming back into my mind and making me smile.

The most surprising thing is how quickly all of this has happened, is happening. Now I'm worrying it will burn itself out in next to no time. How ridiculous is that?

Time is something that does prey on my mind. For a number of reasons, some of them more obvious than others. Perhaps the speed of things has something to do with that. Perhaps not. I know I love you, although I wouldn't yet be at the stage of saying so had you not sprung it on me out of the blue the way you did. I didn't hesitate before telling you that because I had to think whether I do or not...it was because I needed to consider whether I could let myself admit to that yet.

Rollercoasters, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment