Friday, June 08, 2007

Six months, my love

Who'd have thought it, hey?

We first met at somewhere around 1.30 pm on Friday 8 December 2006. I got lost on the way to the airport from my aunt's and missed my flight. I rang you in tears, sure you would be hurt horribly and certain that I never intended to come and was lying to you.

You were so kind...and so calm about it. On the phone, at least.

You weren't there, when I eventually arrived. I admit, I panicked a little bit then. Just for a minute. Then I sat down and read my book.

As I already commented at our site (grinning):

"It bugs me a little that we can't be sure when we set out on this road v/t.

But I do know it will be six months this Friday since we first met. I can still feel the huge hug you wrapped me up in then...and I can still remember how nervous I was, especially as you weren't quite on time to meet my flight.

I was laughing when you arrived, over something I'd just read in the novel I was busily devouring. You said later that you wished fimb had warned you about my smile as it was so much more intense in person. Darling, I don't think it has quite the same effect on her - or on many others, for that matter!

I love you more with every day that passes. We just seem to keep getting better and better together. Every minute I spend with you is golden, every second away from you an eternity."


Having met online in a sense makes us that much stronger. We knew each other so well before we physically met. I knew I loved you before I met you, and you have commented you were fairly sure yourself, before we met. You told me it wasn't fast at all, your declaration of love. It did come on December 9th, the second day of our first real time meeting. I have to agree with you, that on many levels it wasn't fast at all.

I can think of nothing I would rather do than to spend the rest of your lifetime loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment