Friday, January 27, 2006

I hate colds

And I have a real doozie.

The latest news:

I registered with the agency I mentioned before last night. They were ever so nice, actually listened to me when I said I was thinking of a career change and suggested avenues I may want to explore. They were also positive about temporary work too, although as I am unavailable a day and a half next week I think they may have trouble placing me.

I e-mailed my friend (well, his friend) at HMRC who got me on to the casuals register there last year, and he is doing the same for me now. There is a post at that level in his office but he thought it was earmarked for someone previously - he now knows it isn't and is dropping the pack off this weekend for me. It pays buttons, but better than signing on the dole. Temping can actually bring in more money, oddly enough, through the agencies, although casual work for the civil service does tend to be longer term, more secure, better perks by far. This agency does all the local authority placements and the university too though, and their terms and conditions are pretty cushy too.

Then of course, I have those interviews next week.

Something will come up. It will. I will find my perfect niche. I must believe that or sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment