Friday, January 13, 2006

A quick burst before bed

One of those days that just makes you want to yell, really.

Why is that whenever I cover a hearing for Head of Department that it takes bloody hours, rather than the half an hour or less that most of mine take? It was only a bloody first directions appointment too, albeit an adjourned one cos the applicant never turned up last time.

And which muffin booked a client in with his mother to both see me including her giving me a statement and only asked for half an hour? Had to send her away as I'd another client right after. And client and mother were both late!

On the plus side of things, one agency rang to say they'd a job vacancy that might suit me in Leeds, which is fairly local. Reasonable salary, quite a big firm. Another firm advertised in today's Gazette, so I will revamp my CV and bang that off to them. And the other agency I have on the go came up with a vacancy in Worksop, which would take about two hours travelling at least either way, but the money is between £9,000-14,000 over what I'm on now.

Sheesh!!

Oh, the firm that number one agency put me forward to a week ago are interested, but they may want to fill their senior post first. Huge caseload otherwise and they don't think I'd appreciate handling so many cases that all need to be top-driven. Fair enough. That may however mean that it is some while before they're looking to recruit. Ah well.

Looking forward to a Mexican and a good night out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment