Monday, January 16, 2006

Keep it short, sleepy

Yes boss.

L managed to talk her way out of a tight spot.

Uberboss spent a lot of the day texting her again. For some reason she still hasn't told him to bugger off and leave her alone.

Strange, that.

I find it all very depressing. I am even more depressed at the news that another married friend of mine on the staff slept with a guy she met in the last club we went to on Friday night.

I keep wondering: am I being unrealistic here? Am I over-moralising? I just think it's so totally wrong to be playing the field when you are married with kids. More wrong than it would be otherwise. I just wasn't brought up that way. Whatever happened to self-respect and doing the right thing, making a life-long commitment, all that jazz?

That is what I believe in. I have never 'done' the whole casual sex thing. That has a lot to do with the fact that I find it very hard to believe anyone would be interested in me in that way (and that I have always been terrible at reading interested signals). It is though a lot to do with the way I was raised. 'Always keep your morals on a ten-foot pole' was one of my mother's favourite sayings. In other words, keep your standards high!

I don't think for a minute that the rest of the world should follow my example. *snorts* I just hate to see my friends acting so foolishly when there is so much at stake if they are found out. Maybe they never will be. In that case, all they need to worry about is squaring it with their own conscience.

For my own peace of mind, I think I should just put it all out of mind and get on with worrying about my own situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment